Resume Referral Program: Employers frequently request us to refer qualified candidates for a wide variety of positions. Students who register with the Office of Career Services can elect to have their resumes referred to prospective employers.
Registration: Registration with Career Services entitles students to participate in the resume referral program for full-time, co-op and internship positions. Students will receive assistance with the job search process and development of a position for which they are interested. In addition, registered students receive notification of new co-op and internship positions.
How to Register:
- Make an appointment to meet with the Director of Career Services.
- Develop a sound resume that reflects your personal skills and goals.
- Establish an e-mail address (free e-mail accounts can be obtained from a variety of providers).
- Attend an orientation session for the new Hornet Connect recruiting system.
- Maintain a current resume on file with Career Services on Hornet Connect.
- Notify Career Services about changes in your job seeking status.
- Notify Career Services of employer contacts, offers, acceptances and conclusions/terminations.
- Monitor job postings and notify Career Services of your interests.
- Network with family, friends, former and present employers, instructors and members of professional organizations.