The goal of the Student Worker Program at Harris-Stowe State University is to prepare our students for the real world by providing an experience that helps mold them into the professionals that businesses are searching for. Thus, we are in the process of revamping the entire structure of our program for the upcoming school year and encourage all students to monitor their Hornet mail for communications regarding the changes that are underway.
Student Workers from the spring semester will be rehired for the summer, as long as they are eligible. All SP15 Student Workers have been emailed further details.
Fall 2015 Student Worker Candidates
We are in the process of revamping the entire Student Worker Program, so be sure to check back often as we will update this page with information as the program develops.
The anticipated application process will go as follows:
- Interested and qualifying students will submit a Student Worker Program application along with their resume from their Hornet email account (check back soon to access the application).
- The applications will allow students to select the offices they are interested in working in.
- Supervisors of selected offices will review the applications and resumes and will select students for interviews.
- After the interviews, supervisors will identify the students they plan to hire for the entire 2015-2016 academic year. Selected students will participate in Student Worker Orientation (date TBA) and will ideally be ready to begin their assignment on the first day of class for the fall semester.
Student Worker File Cabinet
- Direct Deposit Application - Be sure to attach a voided check or a direct deposit slip, which can usually be obtained from your financial institution or from their website.
Workshops will be offered once the application is posted for resume writing and interviewing, so be sure to check back for details!
Do you need more information? Feel free to contact us Monday - Thursday from 7 AM until 5:30 PM at (314) 340-3500, or email us at FinancialAssistance@hssu.edu.