Give to HSSU
Apply to HSSU
Honors College Home Page
HSSU Home Page
: Student Comments and FAQ
Harris-Stowe Honors College Student Comments
What do you like about the Honors College?

  • Everyone has similar goals and its nice being with a group of people that understand what to do in class at a higher level. 
  • I like that we do things to help the campus and community
  • I like that I am able to build bonds with people who have a common goal and are able to provide support
  • It gathers all the students with similar motives together to allow us to communicate with each other
  • I like how it is a small group where we help each other since most of us can relate to each other
  • There were a lot of options for us to participate in throughout the year, and everyone has similar goals
  • The small class sizes

Frequently Asked Questions:

1. How do I apply to the Honors College?

A. Complete the application and email it to the honors college director ( or print and take it to the office of Academic Affairs (HGA 106)

2. When will I know if I have been accepted into the Honors College?

A. New students will be accepted into the Honors College by the Honors College Standing Committee during Fall semesters.

3. Can I take Honors (-h1) sections of courses without being an honors student?

A. Yes, any Harris-Stowe student with a college/university GPA of 3.5 or above may request to take honors courses. Students should request registration access by emailing the listed instructor or the honors college director (

Image of the HSSU seal


Harris-Stowe State University | 3026 Laclede Ave. | St. Louis, MO 63103 | (314) 340-3366

Thank you for visiting In order to ensure compliance with the Acceptable Use and Security Policies of Harris-Stowe State University and those of MORE Net, our Internet Service Provider, internet traffic on this site is monitored. Copyright (©) Harris-Stowe State University. Questions about this and other Web sites owned by Harris-Stowe State University may be directed to Click here to submit feedback or report errors.